Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Link Issues

Member #

Link Issues

Web Designing newbie, I seem to have a problem with with links, i have media icons and I want to link the image to google in dreamweaver, I have selected the icon and i have put Google in the link box but when I preview it in a browser and click on it, it says web page not found and in the browser heading it's showing the website name as file and linking back to hard drive, I don't know what has happened or how to fix it, Any help much appreciated

Member #
    Anyone? Very quiet on here

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Show me the code it created for you.

I'll be honest, DW is horrible using it the way you are. If you are trying to learn how to build websites it is going to be a crutch. I started my web journey in a DreamWeaver class and quickly realized its not very good to use when learning to code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Vapr_Arts said. One of the reasons you're probably not getting the answer you want is because it's something we'd need to see. There are about a million possibilities that fit your scenario.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    you need to add "http://" to an external link, otherwise it will go to www.yourwebsite.com/google.com

Remove Ads