Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Text link to message box popup

Member #

Question Text link to message box popup

So I'm looking for (hopefully) a pure css solution to create a link of text so that when it's clicked a "tool tip" type box will appear so that I can type in a definition for people to see.
    Also the popup needs to not interfere with anything on the page.

The gradient in the picture is just there to show focus on what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help!
    Ryan

Untitled-2.jpg
    Last edited by G33kman; Aug 26th, 2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Mentioned that the popup needs to not interfere with the page.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Is there a reason you want it done in pure css? jQuery has a tooltip you could use which would be easier than pure css.

If it has to be pure css I can think of one solution but that would require some tricky css. How comfortable are you in CSs? Look up pure css responsive navigation on css tricks. Using the checkbox technique you can do this as well. You will need to finesse it a little but should work. The problem with this is you if you need multiple tooltips the html could get messy and repetitive. jQuery would make it a little cleaner and DRY(Don't Repeat Yourself) which is something you should strive for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G33kman likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could do it easily with css but if would be easier to achieve it in js than that works for me.
    At this point I'm just excited to find a solution that will work for me. Lol
    I'll look into that jQuery tooltip.
    Thanks!
    Ryan

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    jQuery tooltip does exactly what you want and is pretty much plug-n-play. In my opinion this is much easier than doing it using pure css. If you are capable of using jQuery I would definitely recommend using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads