Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a table layout for my blog site, and I want the content tables to be in line verticlly, to align the content one above the other... code...

Code:
    <table width="600" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
    	<tr>
    		<td align="left" colspan="3" class="top">bfsog : im alive...</td>
    	<tr>	
    		<td valign=top>
    <table width="145" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="8" border=1 bordercolor="#990000">
    	<tr>
    		<td align="left">
    		<p><b>admin:<br><a href="mailto:bfsog@hotmail.com" title="E-mail bfsog">bfsog</a></b></p>
    		<p><b><a href="index.asp" title="Main Page" >home</a></b><br>
    		<b><a href="about.htm" title="About the site..">about</a></b><br>
    		<b><a href="http://www27.brinkster.com/bfsog/chat/default.asp" title="Chat Room">chat room</a></b><br>
    		<b><a href="design.htm" title="bfsogs web design services">Design services</a></b></p>
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    </table>
    		</td>
    		<td width=12>&nbsp;</td>
    		 <td aling="right">
    <table width="450" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#990000">
    	<tr>
    		<td align="center">
                                <FONT="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: black; font-size:12px">

<div class="date">?&nbsp;</div>

<div class="posts"><br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <div><br><br>
    </font>
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    </table>
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    </table>

<br>
    <br>
    <td aling="right">
    <table width="450" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#990000">
    	<tr>
    		<td align="center">
                                <FONT="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: black; font-size:12px">

<div class="date">?&nbsp;</div>

<div class="posts"><br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br><br>
    </font>
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    </table>
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    </table>

Member #
    (This is my first post here on Web Design Forum's so someone please let me know if my post is not appropriate.)

Well for one you're using align="left" and align="right" in the the <td>'s that surround the nested tables. That's obviously not going to vertically align the tables. Instead use align="center".

I'm not sure if I'm answering your questions correctly because of the following things:

1. The HTML is using a tab for indentation. Try using one space instead and see if it makes things easier for you to read.

2. Your idea of "content tables" could be different from mine. Try explaining what parts specifically you want to have vertically aligned.

3. You don't describe the results you are having now. How are things currently aligned?

Member #
    Posting a link to the page in question could help too.

Member #
    Yes, you're right. A link would be best.

Member #
    is this how you wnted it?

<table width="600" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" colspan="3" class="top">bfsog : im alive...</td>
    <tr>
    <td valign=top rowspan=2>
    <table width="145" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="8" border=1 bordercolor="#990000">
    <tr>
    <td align="left">
    <p><b>admin:<br><a href="mailto:bfsog@hotmail.com" title="E-mail bfsog">bfsog</a></b></p>
    <p><b><a href="index.asp" title="Main Page" >home</a></b><br>
    <b><a href="about.htm" title="About the site..">about</a></b><br>
    <b><a href="http://www27.brinkster.com/bfsog/chat/default.asp" title="Chat Room">chat room</a></b><br>
    <b><a href="design.htm" title="bfsogs web design services">Design services</a></b></p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    <td width=12>&nbsp;</td>
    <td aling="right">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">
    <div class="date"> </div>
    <div class="posts"><br>

<div><br><br>
    </font>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width=12>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>
    <tr>
    <td align="center">

<div class="date"> </div>

<div class="posts"><br>
    <div><br><br>
    </font>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Member #
    I think the way you have done it, your tables are nested - if you make sure they aren't nested, and insert [minicode]align="center"[/minicode] in each of the <table> tags, then you should be sorted.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Originally posted by justlivyalife
    I think the way you have done it, your tables are nested - if you make sure they aren't nested, and insert [minicode]align="center"[/minicode] in each of the <table> tags, then you should be sorted.
    I am impressed, how you, guys, suggest things without checking - flat answers.

If you had copied the code to notepad, saved it and viewed - you could see there's one table at the top, one to the left, 2 to the right, one above the other. if you can make this layout with "align=center", without nested tables - i have to admit - you are genious (or using a browser made by you )

Remove Ads