Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Problems with site nav... I think

Hello,
    I was hoping someone out there is able to shed some light on an issue I've been having for about 3 days now.
    I make websites in my spare time and am by no means a professional.
    I am creating this website Apple TV and all is well until you try and go to the page called content (#content2), Purchase (#purchase), and Contact (#contact) if you are on the homepage.. nothing happens, unless you are on another page, then it will take you back to the home page (or one of the other upper pages, depending on which you click on). but either way, the url does change to Apple TV. Now if you highlight it and hit return, it will actually bring the correct page up. But then you are stuck in the bottom three pages (and subpages) on the nav until you do the same as above (highlight the url > return) to get back to the upper pages.

It seems like as soon as I exceeded 8 pages/ sub pages... is when this started to happen.

Any help would be awesome.. before I go crazy... and greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't see your problem on my computer. Try hitting <CTRL><F5> to see if maybe something's cached in your browser.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Just a general question, why aren`t the outcoming links (at least in some sections) nofollow?

I've checked your website and it seems to me as if there was not any content#2 section, although I see it in the source code...
    Are you sure that it has the same structure? It`s hard to really figure anything out, as the nivo slider changes the code every freaking 2 seconds.

Member #
    Hi ThaGAME1264,

I tried the <CTRL><F5> thing in IE, FF and Chrome. No change still have the same problem.
    So on you computer you can go to Apple TV and then click on Contact and it will take you to the contact form page? In which browser?

Thanks for your feedback.

Member #
    Hi heike,

Honestly, I have not even though about any outgoing links at this point as I have been spending all my time and energy on trying to figure out the page problem.

As far as I can tell the structure is the same. I tried to paste in my html code but it is to many characters.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think I know what it might be, although I usually don't build sites like this...mostly for reasons such as the one you're experiencing.

Your #content div might be too narrow for the content you have in it. Change it from 7000 pixels wide to something really high (e.g. 100000 pixels) and see if it scrolls properly then.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I think I know what it might be, although I usually don't build sites like this...mostly for reasons such as the one you're experiencing.

Your #content div might be too narrow for the content you have in it. Change it from 7000 pixels wide to something really high (e.g. 100000 pixels) and see if it scrolls properly then.

You ROCK!!! That is exactly what the problem was. Honestly, I thought that 7000px was to high and tried lowering it... but then put it back.

Thanks again!

Please let me know if I miss or need to do anything to give you props and close this question.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They don't close, actually. You didn't miss a thing. It's something mods have discussed from time to time (particularly in the SEO forum), but it hasn't happened yet.

Glad it worked out for you!

Remove Ads