Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

create phone Browser home page

hi is there already code out there to make your own browser homepage on your phone?
    all I want is to be able to paste links into a bar at the bottom and hit go and it will place a icon link on the page.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I haven't seen anything out there for this.
    Most browsers come with a customizable start page that that you can reorder or change the links. Safari on iPhone has a pretty fantastic start page, it lists recently visited and frequently visited sites, though I'm sure this is customizable.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    this is an app that allows you to choose your own start page but if use theirs they have so much control over it

Member #
    what type of script would be best for this.
    All It has to do is make add the link that was copied into it the text box and use css to place it and get the icon like Google does.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Quote Originally Posted by 20GT View Post
    what type of script would be best for this.
    All It has to do is make add the link that was copied into it the text box and use css to place it and get the icon like Google does.
    You're gunna need to be a lot more specific. Try explaining it as in steps a user would take in using your app.

First he does this, then this, and because of that this happens, so the next time he does this, that happens.

Edit: or are you trying to make your own search engine? Explain another company that does what you want. Are you trying to replicate Google? Or are you trying to replicate Chrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I'm not tryna make any app this is not for anyone else.

This would just be a file kept on my phone that the browser would refer to
    I could just make 1 h_t_m_l page with my links on it and just edit it whenever I wanted to add links to it. But it would be more convenient if I had a script I could paste into and it would put it on my page.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Why not just use bookmarks? I am able to do pretty much exactly what you are wanting already using bookmarks. A good think about them is they sync so i get them on my phone, tablet, and laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I wanted to make my own super customizable start page for Firefox. I just settled for the built in option.

If I were to make one, I'd probably use html, js and css. If I it were just for my use, I'd use a js cookie to store the links and settings. Maybe even add image uploading to set the icon, by default the fav icon would be used.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Screenshot_2015-11-01-21-02-39.jpg

something like that is what I'm looking for

Member #
    the boat browser used to look like that then they changed it to this which is way too crowded. and full of things I'm not interested in.

Screenshot_2015-11-01-19-15-51.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads