Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By brandMatt
  • 1 Post By drtao
  • 1 Post By brandMatt

Thread: Accordian Problem

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Accordian Problem

If you visit this page: Max'S Blog, you will see that the last two areas of their accordion aren't in the accordion.

I've spent about an hour looking this over and I can't find the problem.

If someone could look at it and let me know what the heck I'm missing, I'd really appreciate it.

TIA

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    It seems like your HTML is invalid. Just viewing your page source, I can see two closing div tags are showing errors. Go through the HTML page and make sure everything is nested and closed properly. HTML is way to unforgiving. I wish it was more like js, and just not work when it's not correctly used. If you want more specific help, send me the html file via skype, my username is 'unfinishedCode'.

There are a few things things that stood out to me, I know you didn't ask for a critique, but I thought I'd at least point em out for you. Firstly this one is not an error, but it's not great either. Your main container is 1170px wide. Most users will have a screen that your site will show fine on, but some will not. Last time I checked, around 6% still use a monitor with a resolution of 1024x768px, your design exceeds this.

Your website isn't at all responsive. It doesn't have to be, but should be. It might not be something the client thought was necessary for their audience. We stopped making RWD an option for clients, and started including the cost by default.

Just a suggestion, making every page separate in html is quite time consuming. Do yourself a favor and learn php, or at least the basics.

Jquery accordion is not at all very hard to recreate, without adding a whole separate plugin that includes it's own stylesheet. Jquery ui can be a pain. It's not really small, and it's css overrides everything, by the time im done using it my stylesheet ends up with !important all over the place.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Nov 11th, 2015 at 07:45 AM.
    drtao likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I've requested a connection on skype

Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    It seems like your HTML is invalid. Just viewing your page source, I can see two closing div tags are showing errors. Go through the HTML page and make sure everything is nested and closed properly. HTML is way to unforgiving. I wish it was more like js, and just not work when it's not correctly used. If you want more specific help, send me the html file via skype, my username is 'unfinishedCode'.

I sent you a add request on Skype.

There are a few things things that stood out to me, I know you didn't ask for a critique, but I thought I'd at least point em out for you. Firstly this one is not an error, but it's not great either. Your main container is 1170px wide. Most users will have a screen that your site will show fine on, but some will not. Last time I checked, around 6% still use a monitor with a resolution of 1024x768px, your design exceeds this.

I didn't create the code. I am trying to help fix it.

Your website isn't at all responsive. It doesn't have to be, but should be. It might not be something the client thought was necessary for their audience. We stopped making RWD an option for clients, and started including the cost by default.

They are in the middle of a website re-design, they just don't want this one to look bad in the meanwhile.

Just a suggestion, making every page separate in html is quite time consuming. Do yourself a favor and learn php, or at least the basics.

I'm in the process.

Jquery accordion is not at all very hard to recreate, without adding a whole separate plugin that includes it's own stylesheet. Jquery ui can be a pain. It's not really small, and it's css overrides everything, by the time im done using it my stylesheet ends up with !important all over the place.
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    The issue has been solved. Just as I thought, there where two extra closing div tags.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Nov 11th, 2015 at 11:49 AM.
    drtao likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Remove Ads