Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: This may be a complicated issue

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    (This may be a double post, sorry - I thought I submitted it the first time but I can't see it).

1) I will remember not to post both a link and code.

2) I've used your code - I see what you did there. However, the buttons are still weirdly smooshed in there.

3) Drag and drop sounds like a fun idea. Do you think it would be weird on mobile, though?

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    You can install a plugin to make it work smoothly on mobile.
    I use jQuery ui for drag and drop, it's the only thing I use jquery ui for. Be sure to include both the css file and the js file. Google has a CDN setup so you don't even have to store the files on your server. Here is the code:
    The javascript files
    Code:
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.11.4/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
    The css
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.11.4/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css">
    The plugin I was talking about to make drag and drop run a little more smoothly is called jQuery UI Touch Punch.
    Unfortunately there is not a free CDN for this plugin, you'll have to host it yourself.

I'll look into your #2.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Dec 03rd, 2015 at 10:04 AM.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I'm gonna skip attempt #2, actually (provided I can figure out what's going on with the center buttons in step 1).

I'm not totally sure about the drag and drop, the more i think about it. I think it might be less intuitive than the clicking, but maybe I'm just old...

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Add me on Skype, well continue this discussion on there. My username is unfinishedCode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads