Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Customizing Blogger template

Hello coders! I have been trying to put together a blogger blog with a template I downloaded, but customizing it completely seems to be a bit beyond my know-how. You all seem to really know what you're talking about, and I am hoping you'd be willing to take a minute to help a girl out.

When I click the "Share on Facebook" button at the bottom of a post, it opens up to share but it says the Author is "xxxxx" and the description is also "xxxxx". I assumed I needed to change a couple "xxxxx"'s in the code, but i'm not sure which ones or if that is the case. I have similar issues with the sharing to Pinterest button in the same location. When it opens to share to Pinterest it fills the description with "data:post.title".

I will paste a bit of the code the problem might be in. If you need more of it, i'll be happy to include the rest. My website i'm having trouble with is www.barrowbroadcast.com.

Code:
    <link href='https://plus.google.com/xxxxx/posts' rel='publisher'/>
    <link href='https://plus.google.com/xxxxx/about' rel='author'/>
    <link href='https://plus.google.com/xxxxx' rel='me'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='google-site-verification'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='msvalidate.01'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='alexaVerifyID'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='yandex-verification'/>
    <meta content='India' name='geo.placename'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='Author'/>
    <meta content='general' name='rating'/>
    <meta content='id' name='geo.country'/>
    More:
    Code:
    <meta content='xxxxx' property='og:description'/>
    </b:if>
    <meta expr:content='data:blog.title' property='og:site_name'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' property='fb:app_id'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' property='fb:admins'/>
    <meta content='en_US' property='og:locale'/>
    <meta content='en_GB' property='og:locale:alternate'/>
    <meta content='id_ID' property='og:locale:alternate'/>
    <meta content='summary' name='twitter:card'/>
    <meta expr:content='data:blog.pageTitle' name='twitter:title'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='twitter:site'/>
    <meta content='xxxxx' name='twitter:creator'/>
    Thank you so much!

Member #
    One of these might be where the Pinterest issue is at, but I could be wrong. It only says "data:post.title" when I share with the bottom page share button, not by clicking on an individual picture (it is blank in that case).

Code:
    <li class='pinterest' data-service='pinterest' data-show='true' title='Pin this Post'><a expr:href='&quot;http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=&quot; + data:post.url + &quot;&amp;media=&quot; + data:post.thumbnailUrl + &quot;&amp;description= + data:post.title&quot;' target='_blank'><i class='fa fa-pinterest'/>
    Code:
    <a expr:href='&quot;http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=&quot; + data:post.url + &quot;&amp;media=&quot; + data:post.thumbnailUrl + &quot;&amp;description= + data:post.title&quot;' target='_blank'><span class='share-box'><i class='fa fa-pinterest'/></span></a>
    Code:
    <li class='pinterest' data-service='pinterest' data-show='true' title='Pin this Post'><a expr:href='&quot;Pinterest: Discover and save creative ideas + data:post.url + &quot;&amp;media=&quot; + data:post.thumbnailUrl + &quot;&amp;description= + data:post.title";' target='_blank'><i class='fa fa-pinterest'/>
                  <label class='hidden-xs'>Pin this Post</label></a>

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    Was this a free template you found somewhere? All those places where you see "xxxxx" are places where you have to delete the "xxxxx" and replace with your own info. Not all of those 'meta' attributes are needed or even helpful.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Was this a free template you found somewhere? All those places where you see "xxxxx" are places where you have to delete the "xxxxx" and replace with your own info. Not all of those 'meta' attributes are needed or even helpful.
    Yes, it was.

Member #
    What code do I put in place of the description to make it so the body of the post is previewed when sharing?

Remove Ads