Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok my sites URl is http://www.geocities.com/boscoNYPD55...tchOnline.html and u know where u see the frames i want to replace them like this http://www.umbrellaonline.co.uk/index.shtml where in the middle of his site there are no fames. and like when i click on any of the links on my page i want them to show up in the middle like that other web site has, This may sound confusing, so can anyone help me with the codes, Thanks

Member #
    The page you showed us simply uses tables. The homepage puts its content in a cell in the middle, and the links in the navigation lead to completely brand new pages. The only thing different on some of those pages is the middle content - they use the same navigation on the left. Also, to make maintaining the site easier, the author uses shtml, a version of server side includes. Here's some info on SSI

Server Side Includes
    You may want to look into SSI (server side includes). Depending on what capabilities your web host has, you can use SSI in PHP, ASP, or even SHTML (which almost every host supports).

Here's a tutorial on using SSI in PHP. Basically it looks like this:

index.php says it is made up of three files:
    ------------
    header.php
    -------------
    content.php
    ---------------
    footer.php
    ---------------

You can use header.php and footer.php all over your site. If you want to change the navigation at the top of your site, just change header.php, and the header will be updated on every page of your site instantly.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Rather than re-invent the wheel, you may wish to consider installing a content management solution such as Xoops, phpwebsite or similar.

Sean

Remove Ads