Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By matthewxforms

Thread: Looking for someone wanting to help teach me

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Lightbulb Looking for someone wanting to help teach me

Hi, I am new here so please don't comment hate. I am looking for someone to teach me HTML and a (little) CSS. I know a tiny but about HTML. I want to start leaning code now for the future. I am a freshman in highschool, i am 14 and I have skype, I want to start now so when i'm in my 4th year of high school. I am wanting to have my future to be a web designer and I have messed around with HTML using Editey on my school chromebook. Thanks in advance! :tickle:

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Well I can't speak for everyone here, but I do not know how many people would be able to teach you in the way I suspect you want. None of us really have time to walk you step by step through everything, and honestly its not something you want. One skill all developers should have is the ability to learn on their own. This is because down the road technology will change. For you to stay up to date and relevant you will constantly need to be teaching yourself new things.

Now don't let that discourage you, because while it may sound like I am saying you are on your own, you aren't. Everyone here is in some way willing to help you learn. We do this by answering questions that come up along the way. Another great resource is Stack Overflow.

My advice to you is to check out Codecademy.com and start their course on HTML and CSS. If you have any questions post and we will try and answer. Stay here and be active and you will learn a ton!

You may have wanted to find a mentor, but a forum is in my opinion a great alternative. You essentially have gained multiple micro-mentors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Vapr_Arts said. There is no single source of learning, and the best thing you can pick up right here and right now is that piece of information. This not only applies to web design, but it applies on a broader scale to life as a whole. You can learn from all sorts of places, and you should.

It's good that you're taking the interest in learning things this early, and it will serve you in good stead. Looking for a mentor is also understandable. Good on you for both things; I wish I thought that way at 14 instead of at 16-17. But the thing is that no single mentor can teach you everything there is to know about HTML/CSS for the simple reason that we don't know everything there is to know about HTML/CSS as a collective. We're constantly learning and inventing new stuff as we go along. That's half the fun.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Wow that's creepy... Me and my friend very recently started a huge project site to do just that. From downloading the necessary software and setting up you're work station all the way to publishing and hosting you're new website. Its going to be a tutorial website/blog of sorts be with a unique twist that I won't be revealing just yet. Oh and speaking of which. TheGAME would it be ok to list WDF as a helpful website for additional help in this new website we are building? I thought it would be but I just wanted to run in by you first.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think you can learn it from google easily. You need to check few tutorials and especially w3schools that is especially made for the newbies.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov View Post
    Wow that's creepy... Me and my friend very recently started a huge project site to do just that. From downloading the necessary software and setting up you're work station all the way to publishing and hosting you're new website. Its going to be a tutorial website/blog of sorts be with a unique twist that I won't be revealing just yet. Oh and speaking of which. TheGAME would it be ok to list WDF as a helpful website for additional help in this new website we are building? I thought it would be but I just wanted to run in by you first.
    I don't own it, brother.

PM veraderock and ask him. He works for the owners. I don't anticipate any issue, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, I will check out codecademy.com!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thats an awesome idea, do you have a URL yet? i'd love to see the website every step it's being built!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your bowling website is great! it has a great ease of finding information is goes together perfectly!
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Thanks, Matthew. It only took me 9 years to get there.

Remove Ads