Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Exclamation Can't remove theme footer links

Can't remove theme footer links
    Hello there,
    I own a wp blog Trickplus - Offers, Deals, Free Samples, Free Recharge Tricks, Giveaways and I use Chicago theme by Catch themes. I want to remove the footer links which says "Chicago theme by Catch themes" but i didn't find it in footer.php of theme.
    I searched all over google but didn't find it. How can i remove it
    Please help

Website : Trickplus - Offers, Deals, Free Samples, Free Recharge Tricks, Giveaways
    Theme : Chicago by Catch themes

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've seen this trick in WordPress themes before, but not in years...sometimes the footer link is encrypted or base64 encoded.

This is apparently a tutorial that can help you. I have not tried it and cannot vouch for or endorse it...in other words, if it messes up your blog you assume all the risk involved, so be sure to take backups and protect yourself and all that sort of thing. But it'll give you the general idea, if nothing else.

If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Code:
    .site-info {
          visibility: hidden !important;
    }
    You can either go to wordpress admin and Appearance > Editor > select the theme > Stylesheet (style.css) and drop that code in.

----- or ------

Drop the code directly inside your style.css located at "your-root-directory/wp-content/themes/chicago/style.css"

You'll need an ftp to do it this way, filezilla is free.

Bax.

Remove Ads