Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Week 1: Destop Layout

CSS/HTML
    I will attach a sketch of my goal, and I should mention that the blog is more to learn than making $ or getting a lot of attention. All data is to test the theme. It is work in progress and I do not want you to do my website, but the following problems/questions are those that I have spend enough time searching/trying by myself and not solved them.

Question 1:
    Last menu item: Keep making a line break, and does not seem to increase in width. This is my temporary solution.
    Code:
    nav {
    	height: 15%;
    	width:100%;
    }

nav ul {
    	width:100%;
    	display:inline-block;
    	text-align:center;
    	font-weight:bold;
    }

nav li {
    	height: 100%;
    	display:inline;
    	background:-webkit-radial-gradient(#7447ac, #49207e);
    	background:-moz-radial-gradient(#7447ac, #49207e);
    	background:-o-radial-gradient(#7447ac, #49207e);
    	background:-radial-gradient(#7447ac, #49207e);
    	background-color: #49207e;
    	text-align:center;
    	min-width:8%;
    	padding:.3%;
    	font-weight:bold;
    }

nav a {
    	color: #ffffff;
    	padding: 2% 2% 2% 2%;
    	text-decoration: none;	
    	vertical-align:middle;
    	white-space:nowrap;
    }
    Question 2: I been trying to force sidebar to expand the height of the main div which increases with the length of the content.
    Question 3: Do you see any major fault with my coding style? I know I should improve the comments in general.
    Question 4: I see that .php and .css cannot be uploaded, but .txt can be. Should I change the extension and upload them or you okay, with just visiting my website?

About my project:
    Every week I am going to post the development of my simple self written blog with the question and problems that I encountered. If you would like to tag along my journey through some lines of codes I would appreciate the company. I will be using Monday-Wednesday for coding, debugging and communicating with you, but I may hope in for a few minutes the rest of the week.

About Me:
    I am getting close to the 3rd floor and I decided to finally take my interested for web/social media more seriously. I study computer science, but not your usual code-worm. I am mostly interested in Human Computer Interaction and software design. I have a few personality traits that I should let you know, I have an obsession with flexibility (sometimes expect a design to handle all possibilities even if the default is 99% likely), I love free stuff and I love to try and do stuff myself.

I appreciate all help, suggestions and comments and hope some of you are interested in my project.

I hope this thread goes according to the forum rules, but if not please let me know on a private messag
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads