Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Exclamation Div placement issue

I have been building this webpage im just trying to find out how to make sure the div stays in the same place amongst all browsers any suggestions. content below
    CHROME:
    frame placement issue-1.jpg
    INTERNET EXPLORER:
    frame placement issue-2.jpg

The Code:
    <center>
    <div class="main">
    <div class="dropdowns">
    <strong><font color="white"><u>CRUISELINES</u></font></strong><br>
    <font color="white">Amadeus Waterways</font>

The code above is completed correctly there is just so much content it would of been obnoxious to post. But that's how its broken down on the page.

CSS:
    .dropdowns {
    display:inline-block;
    margin-left:-260px;
    padding:5px;
    text-align:left;
    margin-top:5px;
    position:absolute;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    border-style:solid;
    width: 250px;
    Height: 410px;
    background: #08ADC8;
    }

So im confused as to why it wont position itself in the same spot in chrome as in IE
    Last edited by miessau; Mar 01st, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Can you upload more of the code on something like JSFiddle? It does seem like everything is fine with what you showed us. I would suspect theres something causing issues in something that we can't see.

One thing to remember, different browsers use different tech and you may have to use prefixes in your css.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Can you upload more of the code on something like JSFiddle? It does seem like everything is fine with what you showed us. I would suspect theres something causing issues in something that we can't see.

One thing to remember, different browsers use different tech and you may have to use prefixes in your css.

Sureone moment

Member #
    https://jsfiddle.net/gv4yx59c/#&togetherjs=ENbSQ4u9Ry

there lol sorry about the mess-ups earlier
    Last edited by miessau; Mar 01st, 2016 at 01:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    No problem. I am on my phone and have class all day so I wont be able to look at it until tonight. I brought it up because that would be the first thing most of us would tell you and now they don't have to. If no one helps I will as soon as I get the chance.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Okay, There are a ton of issues with your code.

First, you have a div inside of your head tag. The header div should not be inside of the head tag. You have a missing closing tags such as the </div> for your navbar class, and a closing center one for that section. Also, the center tag itself is not supported by HTML5 which you should be using.

In the css I noticed that you forgot the . for the .main class. as of right now you are using that as a main tag and not a div with the class of main.

I advise you to go back and rework on the whole structure of your site. I would also suggest you doing some reading on HTML5. Codecademy has a pretty easy and quick course on html and css that I think you would benefit from. I honestly do not think it will benefit you for me, or someone else to just go in and make the changes for you. I pointed out a few but there are some others.

Remove Ads