Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

CSS custom image widget resize

Hi all,

I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid questions- I am extremely "new" I guess you could say at building a website...it's not something I've gone to school for, strictly has been learn as you go type of deal.

So please keep that in mind in that when answering this, I kind of need things really dumbed down for me- thanks in advance on that.

So- Question:

I have a website- highperformancejunkies.com it has 2 sidebars. On the right hand sidebar I have my website sponsors that I place their logo in this location with a link to their website's. I've specified that they get a 165x45 px image. I use wordpresses Jetpack Image widget as it allows me to easily insert an image on the sidebar, link to their site, prove alt text and specify which pages they are visible on with ease.

However, my problem is as I have recently found out... when I put 165 width and 45 height into the widget, it isn't "listening" to me. So I know enough that this "should?" be able to be corrected with a custom CSS code? and I tried googling a few things, tried entering in things like {.widget #image-9 {width: 165px; height: 45px;} }

why did input that? it was honestly a guess trying to utilize different info I found on google and on a whim that it might work... it didn't, I deleted it...found this website and hoping someone can help lol

So coles notes:

I want to make every jetpack image widget on my sidebar only be 165x45px. Is this possible and how do I do it?

Again, thanks to anyone in advance who can help out.

Member #
    so not sure if this helps anyone help me....but I tried resizing a test logo (the baby blue image under the "sponsors" area on the right hand side bar) I sized it at exactly 165x45px, put it into the widget sidebar, tested the page and inspected the element and it still for some reason resizes the image.

I attached a photo of what I am seeing...the natural size is 165x45, the command is 165x45 but it's showing as 104x28

is there an easy way to correct this?

hpj issues.jpg

Member #
    could this have anything to do with margins? I'm pulling at strings here being so new to this...Im running out of ideas to research to even explore to fix this problem

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I was hoping someone else would help because I am in no way experienced with WP. In fact one of the reasons I choose not to use them is this issue right here. Theres times when things look right, but are going wrong.

Your issue could lie within one of the many plugins you used, even if it feels like they have no correlation . I can look at the code when I get to a computer but I am not confident I can help.

Off topic, your name? Whats it mean to you? I ride motorcycles so I had to ask. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Hahah- any help is good help!...everyone here is an expert compared to me. My hobby is building, racing and offroading cars and my education background is in Sports / marketing. So I created this website to answer a ton of questions I was getting on my personal builds, help out a bunch of people, and keep a log for when I have to go back over something for myself lol....so building out a website has been an entirely new foreign piece for me to try and grasp.

and ya the name comes from cars lol. I had a 96 Camaro I raced, now building a 2002 LS1 Camaro and picked up a Jeep a few summers back that has gotten me into that off-roading realm. I haven't ridden a bike...seen them at the strip and they scare the bejesus out of me the way those guys wheelie 1/2 down the 1/4 mile legs dangling off the back. I don't have nuts that big lol. I do enjoy watching them go though...

Remove Ads