Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times

TeamTreehouse problems

Three days ago I signed up for the free 7 day trial. Had to try 2 different browsers just to sign up. After that I found that you cannot use Firefox and Win Edge browser has problems too. Chrome seems to work OK so far.

The biggest problem is that their Workspace text editor is always shutting down and it then takes so long to get anything done that I am doubting that it is worthwhile to continue.

Any suggestions? Should I just use Notepad++? Does it have to integrate with Treehouse somehow?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Three days ago I signed up for the free 7 day trial. Had to try 2 different browsers just to sign up. After that I found that you cannot use Firefox and Win Edge browser has problems too. Chrome seems to work OK so far.

The biggest problem is that their Workspace text editor is always shutting down and it then takes so long to get anything done that I am doubting that it is worthwhile to continue.

Any suggestions? Should I just use Notepad++? Does it have to integrate with Treehouse somehow?
    I used a free 14 day trial period to jump into Swift. Since it was Swift I was using Xcode so I can't say for sure if using Notepad++ would make a difference. I really enjoyed it but after some debate I felt like it wasn't worth the $30 a month. If it ever went down by at least $10 I'd jump back on it.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    I don't suppose not being able to use their "Workspace" editor will make that much difference. I can just create a project on Notepad++ and follow along without having to wait for the Treehouse editor to come back online - it is frustrating since a schooling program should at least work properly. If nothing else goes wrong I will consider continuing after the trial period. This should be a lot faster than community college courses even though they are free because I qualify for free tuition (due to my age) but have to pay course fees.

Remove Ads