Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

My long time dream - please guys help me out!

Hi,

I'm a graphic designer and I used to code a little, back when it was just a notepad and a lot of weed....we were kids. I got a family now, but I miss coding so much, so I decided to build my first real website. It has been my dream for the past 10 years and now I wanna finally build it.

I checked around and there's sooo much to learn!!! It's so awesome! However, I don't have a lot of time, so I need to learn to pull off this website only, I can't spend years to learn multiple programming languages. I believe that I'll get a hang of it along the way.

I used DWcs5 and I want to build it in there and make it come alive and I need your help.
    There's soooo muuuch terminology, that I don't even know where to begin. So I wanna learn how to pull this off:

1. I want to make a CATEGORIES menu on the left so the user can filter out content by categories as seen in the first image.
    2. I want to be able to create a SAVED menu, where user may view or delete the SAVED FOR LATER items.
    3. I want to create a set of images on my homepage for people to scroll down, choose an image and execute actions, described in image 3.

Please help me to start building it. Tell me what is it called and what should I look for on youtube and other outlets? Like "this is CSS3, you should learn the following terms: float...." if there's a shortcut, I'd also like to know. And please tell me what do these things do also. I would very much appreciate it.
    And if by some weird synchronistic coincedence this site actually becomes something recognizable, I'll be sure to credit you all....and if it gets like....big, I'd assemble a team of you guys so we can pull off really great stuff. I'm sorry for not revealing the content of a website, but it's a website I still miss on the internet.
    Thank you very much and I look forward to seing your feedback.
    ...also I couldn't make those images bigger here...

1. CATEGORIES
    menu-filter.jpg
    2.SAVED
    saved-menu.jpg
    3.HOMEPAGE
    main-screen.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads