Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Positioning Issue

Hello, All....
    I'm attempting to update our webpage. I downloaded a template and modified it in several ways to suit us. So far I only have the landing page and no other pages. This is the most complex page I have ever done - all the others I've done in the past have been built from scratch and pretty simple, and the first responsive page I have ever attempted.
    I'm having a issue with positioning. I'm not sure how to describe it correctly, but as a browser window is made narrower, my menu bumps down over the slider images, and in addition, as the page is made smaller, the slider image also gets a intrusion in the top part of the image; as the window gets even narrower though, the intrusion disappears.
    I think rather than paste the code here, it would be best for the experts to see the problem live....

Here is the template that I downloaded: template 396 smoothy
    Here is the test location for the modified page: new.centrale911.com

Open the browser nearly full size. Watch the menu bar and slider image as you narrow the browser window...

I appreciate any help & suggestions to make the page better!
    John

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Honestly, dude, this is a case of overengineering. I can see a whole lot of things that could cause the problems you're seeing, but none that I could specifically say conclusively.

Here's what I'd do...assuming you have an original copy of the template to go back to, start with it. Make one change at a time...don't make several at once. Make a change. See what happens. Make sure it works. Then go on to the next one. As soon as you hit the specific issue that causes your problem, you'll better be able to solve it (or get it solved).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads