Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Red face Navigation bar is pushed to the next line

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with Rex template from markup.io, i'm trying to edit this template and so far so good except problem in navigation bar,

I have changed the default logo to our logo but our logo is far bigger than the default logo which resulted in pushing the navigation bar to the next line.

this picture is the Original Rex template which you see that the logo and the navbar with search button are all inline.

original Rex.jpg

and here the modification of the logo which resulted in pushing the navbar and the search button to the next line.

nav push problem.jpg

I have tried to enlarge the main Container which contains the logo, the navbar and the search button but to no avail, i've also tried to modify the float for logo and for navbar.

here are the main codes:

Index.html: [HTML 5] Index.html - Pastebin.com

bootstrap.css: [CSS] bootstrap.css - Pastebin.com

style.css: [CSS] style.css - Pastebin.com

I really appreciate any idea or help.
    thanks a lot

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This doesn't have a particularly simple fix. You're going to want to put your logo immediately above your top-menu UL in the HTML code, and then either apply floats or inline-blocks to both elements to get them the way you want them.

Once you're done that, you're going to have to figure out how to handle your responsive design.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    simple solution is to align your logo into center and navigation right under the logo. but if you still want to follow the theme's design then try decreasing the size of the logo and navigation text it might help but navigation text won't be readable. i don't recommend it

Remove Ads