Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How can my client add/edit articles and shop items?

Hey,
    I am usually just working as a photographer, but I I've also built some websites for clients with HTML, CSS and JavaScript in the last couple months or so.
    The issue I have now is, that the website content needs to be easily edible for my client. In my past projects, I've built the website, brought it online and there wasn't the need for the client to add content afterwards.
    But now my client needs to add content afterwards and he is NOT able to code.

The things he need to add: (frequently)
    -Blog Posts (including Title, Pictures, Links etc.)
    --> it would be nice to have an automated "Thumbnail" to display the new blog article on the mainpage.
    -Shop items
    ---> we are using shopify as our standard shopping system for clients. My client has to add and delete frequently his items. It would be nice to have these items automatically aligned in a grid system....

I don't need a complete answer, links for tutorials etc. are enough. It is just very hard for me to put this question into sentences you could google... (my english isn't very well, too)

Have a nice day

[EDIT: fake signature link removed by TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Nov 27th, 2016 at 07:43 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, for blogging it's pretty much WordPress or nothing at all...unless you want to build your own (which I have, but I suspect you as a photographer wouldn't have the interest in doing).

As far as the ecommerce shop goes...stay with Shopify. There is a Woocommerce plugin for WordPress, but it's completely horrid. Shopify, as weak as it is, is at least meant for ecommerce.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    But how do I implement these thing in my code so that they get added automatically when he is adding a post/shop item?

Janos

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Theoretically, this. DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried it, and have no idea if it works. So if it blows up your client's site, you can't sue me.

https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/...shopping-cart/
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I think, its not possible to merge your website with wordpress (if you code your website by self).

I propose two solution:
    1. move your content to new website on wordpress, then add woocommerce plugin, which is great.
    2. make a blog and e-commerce on subdomain (it will save your actually website)

Remove Ads