Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Some problems with the main content and aligning footer

Member #

Some problems with the main content and aligning footer

My web design atm: A Pen by William stensen

As you can see, the footer won't stay at the bottom of the webpage, even though it is set to position absolute and with a bottom of 0. I can't really figure out why. I want the footer to be pressed to the very bottom of the webpage, even below the container.

Also, I have some problems in my #mainContent. I have tried to make a design with one side of content and the other side with a sidebar, but it doesn't quite seem to line up. Either the content is pushed down, or the sidebar content is being pushed down and I don't know why this is happening.

In advance, thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Fixed positioning will "fix" your footer to the bottom of the page. However, for a copyright message you usually don't want that. The Return to Top is iffy as well in that many people will already be above the "fold".

So use position: fixed. I forked it for you so that you can see it.

Create a New Pen
    delstu and wost like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Sorry for the late reply!

I want the footer to always be at the bottom of the page, not always be at the bottom of the screen.
    Also, why is my sidebar pushed down to the bottom of the page? I suspect it is because of the inline-block, but if I don't use that, the content appear on top of sidebar.

Thanks for your reply!

I now (somewhat) have the result I would like, but the footer and the content is very weird on mobile. Why?
    Last edited by wost; Dec 03rd, 2016 at 03:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't really understand how you're distinguishing between the bottom of the page and the screen when you were using absolute positioning. Can you elaborate?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,
    i understand you want to footer when you web page or contain over ,right?
    if you want this then use bottom:0% property.
    or
    following css:
    #footer {
    position: relative;
    margin-top: -180px; /* negative value of footer height */
    height: 180px;
    clear: both;
    }

Thanks,
    sonvi.belani

Remove Ads