Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is the second time I write this. I used 2 hours to write the previous part, and when i pressed uppercase_wildcard, the whole page shut down, effectively erasing everything I had typed. (WNNRRRRGG!!)

However, here i go again.

Within the constraints of Filburt 1's rules, it's difficult to accurately descibe the problem without the overhangig threat of beeing moleculary reorganized!

The problem is design related. I've previously posted my fairly mediocre homesite for qritisism, and I've recieved valid feedback. The site works well with regard to interactivity, which was the primary motivation for it's construction, however the designpart lacks a lot. I' tried to keep the pages as simple as possible to avoid all trapdoors related to amateur design, but I might have overdone that part! To quote a moderator:

The design is pretty simple. There's lots of white space, and your site....
    The white space is quite annoying, and I've tried to fix that. However, it's more difficult than I thought.

My formost problem is table related. I've tried to alter my sites template by adding a table where the surrounding cells are occupied bye a graphic representation of a metalboard (to match the menubar).
    The problems arising are (when using a template):

1. If I try to put everything in to a table, the editable region is "squashed" in the middle making the table far bigger than desired. and also breaking apart the connection between the horizontal and vertical parts of the surrounding frame. I can of course force the middle section of table to be a certain size, but then I loose out on scalability within different browsersettings.
    2. I can put a layer (<DIV>) in the middle section, but that only aggrevate the problem.
    3. I can place a picture in the mainframe of the table, and use DIV's to place the text part in the midle of that picture, but then I have the same problem as before mentioned with regard to scalability.

If anyone missed out on the intentions, it is to construct a visual framework around the contents (text) to emulate a metal frame containing the document I'd like to present. That piece of space should be possible to color as well.

This is just a test of VB coloring, as I've never done this before:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    //coding is frustrating and rewarding, just like beeing married
    if (argument)
     {
       echo (
    "text");
       exit;
     }
     else
     {
       echo (
    "other text");
     }
    ?>
    <body>
    html text
    </body>
    Hoping for valuable feebak as usual
    S. Rosland

Member #
    I think you'll get better help at the vbulletin.org forum, because you'll likely need to post some code to get answers, and you can't post vB code here.

Member #
    OK!
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads