Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By codin

Thread: How to Minify css?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How to Minify css?

when my website loading speed is slow on mobile , how to minify css?

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Someone might be able to answer your question if you give us a bit more information. Are you currently using Bootstrap?
    I'm afraid I don't really know what issues you might have to deal with if you switch from the standard Bootstrap file to minnify. Are you using Wordpress or something else?

On the Bootstrap site there is a link to use minify.css.
    Last edited by delstu; Apr 08th, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    As delstu mentioned, more information would be required to help understand your current environment.

Although if you are looking to quickly minify a basic CSS file I would recommend: https://cssminifier.com/

It removes whitespace, the last ; of each block, and also groups media queries, it is one of the better online copy and paste solutions I have found.

I personally use a package in Sublime Text called MinfiyCSS to minify my CSS files and SASSbuild package to compile SCSS and SASS into raw compressed CSS files.

Uncompresed CSS may not be the number one cause of your page loading slowly, whilst compressing will shave off a small amount of load time, it does not normally greatly increase load time.

https://tools.pingdom.com/ is a useful tool for highlighting speed related issues with your website and worth checking out.
    Last edited by codin; Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:16 AM.
    LisaCurtis likes this.

Member #
    Check this out: CSS Compressor

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If you're a noob you could use https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ which will tell you what's slowing down your site and (at the bottom once the test is finished) will offer you to download optimised files including images and minified CSS .. just be sure to upload them to the correct place on your website!

Remove Ads