Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Element Spacing Query

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this into the right area

I'm putting together a mockup website here. This site is based around WordPress, the page built with Visual Composer. This is mostly done, there's just one thing I haven't been able to work out and it's starting to do my head in.

As you can probably guess, the excerpt needs to be raised up a little and is a little too narrow. I have experimented with setting negative margins on that element, but it seems to be having no effect. I suspect I might need to adjust something in CSS to even out the spacing and make that a little wider. The problem I have is that, given the sheer amount of CSS that WordPress seems to apply, I'm just getting myself confused every time I try and pick it apart and try wand work out what is being applied and what needs adjusting.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I have to assume by "excerpt" you mean the "Welcome to Wordpress, this is your first post..." bit.

The reason there's so much space in there is that VC has added an empty paragraph element in between that and the title.

How to remove that, I have no idea, as I'd rather give up web development as a whole that use a WYSIWYG anything for this very reason.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads