Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Home Link Downloads ZIP folder

Hi Guys, I hope all is well and you are having a splendid week.

I have a problem with a website I am trouble shooting at the moment.

MALA

When you click the 'HOME' it downloads a folder with the PHP & HTML files.

What I need to do is make some changes to the website that as the previous designer has disappeared. I have been given the FTP details and downloaded a program named 'Mountain Duck' to get access to the files. I have some basic web design skills and have always used Adobe Dreamweaver or Muse to create websites. What I thought I could do is download the files via FTP and then open them in Dreamweaver and link certain parts and make the changes in that particular program. I assumed that the previous designer would have used the same program to create the pages. When I open index.html it shows the basics of the page but then I am a little bit lost on how to get all of the different parts linked up. The previous designer has used some techniques that are new to me (splash screen & menu) that I am assuming is js.

I have downloaded all of the folder content to my machine and there is a index.html file within that folder. The only part that would not download properly is a folder named 'logs' that would not download properly. I was unsure how else to make the changes and further changes in the future other than download the web files to my local machine, make the changes, and then re-upload via FTP. It certainly is strange as the company who own the website said this only started happening recently and it had been working fine for a while.

I have a feeling that the MALA folder is maybe to stop the splash screen loading every time you go back to the Home page?

Any advice is massively appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Gee_suss; Nov 14th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

Remove Ads