Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am learning HTML code and honestly some aspects are driving me nuts. I have a table a pinkish color and my backgound for the page is set. I want to see the background of the page showing through the table color. How can I do it? I have found out using CSS but this method is not an option for me. Here is the code I am using.... Can someone give me an idea?

<body background="http://www.boomspeed.com/sfhelpers/backgrounds/83.gif"><center><body text=slateblue><body link=#FFFFFF>
    <body link=FFFFFF>
    <p><table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" border=".05" bgcolor"#fffff"><tr><td bgcolor="#ffcccc" align="center" valign="middle" colspan="2"></center><body style="cursor:url(http://www.boomspeed.com/sfhelpers/cursors/111.cur);">

Thanks for any advice

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That snippet of code is barely HTML. For a start there should be only one body tag per html page.

Why is CSS not an option, if your going to learn HTML then learn CSS at the same time - it's pretty easy and will help you a lot in the long run.

Member #
    You can try it like this:

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#fffff" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111">
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#ffcccc" background="images/background.gif" align="center" valign="middle" colspan="2">
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

A couple of things. You only want one opening Body tag. You have three. And you should download the background image on your own machine / server if you are going to use them. Otherwise you could run up the servers bandwidth.

Remove Ads