Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Product Images Too Large

I am trying to design a website, using WordPress and Woocommerce.

The Category images shown on the ‘Shop’ page are huge, making them be displayed in a single column of ‘clickable’ buttons, rather than an array of, say, six rows of five columns of buttons. If I knew how to do it, I would post a screenshot, here, to show what I mean, but I don’t know how to do that.

I have tried changing the sizes of the images used, then regenerating the thumbnails, but nothing seems to work.

This seems like it would be a pretty basic thing to fix for someone familiar with Woocommerce, but I am not an experienced user of Woocommerce or programming.

I have posted my problem on the Woocommerce support website, but haven't gotten any resolutions, yet.

The page I need help with: https://www.coles-sports.com/shop/

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I can see the <ul> element has the classes "products-grid small-up-2 medium-up-3 large-up-4 xlarge-up-5 xxlarge-up-5" applied to it but can't see anything within the child <li> elements that would make them columns i.e no floats or flex css for example. This would indicate you have the classes are wrong or the css is missing that controls them. You may having something like a "column" class that you need to add to each <li> element to make it display as a column.

The class syntax seems similar to the Zurb's grid system so it may help to check out their docs, or the docs for the grid system you are using, if you know it.

https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic_wheels View Post
    I can see the <ul> element has the classes "products-grid small-up-2 medium-up-3 large-up-4 xlarge-up-5 xxlarge-up-5" applied to it but can't see anything within the child <li> elements that would make them columns i.e no floats or flex css for example. This would indicate you have the classes are wrong or the css is missing that controls them. You may having something like a "column" class that you need to add to each <li> element to make it display as a column.

The class syntax seems similar to the Zurb's grid system so it may help to check out their docs, or the docs for the grid system you are using, if you know it.

https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

Hi Cosmic Wheels, thanks for your input.

I guess, from what you said, that something's seriously wrong in the programming of the page; however, beyond that, I understood no more than if you had written it in Mandarin, lol! Wish that I weren't so ignorant about programming. I'm using WordPress and Woocommerce because they are both kinda 'drag 'n drop' tools; however, if something goes awry then I'm stuck, such as with this current situation. I guess it all fits the phrases 'being in over your head' or 'knowing enough to be dangerous,' although I haven't gone in and messed with any of the code...at least not intentionally.

Maybe I can pass what you said on to others who are on the woocommerce plugin forum, and see if it gives them something to go on. So far, they haven't been able to find anything, but what you said might put them on the right track.

Thanks again for your time and effort; it's sincerely appreciated!

Member #
    What theme you are using? Try to contact the theme author. So that you can this fix easily

Member #
    Sometimes Regenerate Thumbnails plugin doesn't work. Try looking for "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" and see if that plugin gives you any luck.

Remove Ads