Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

iframe for permanenet header?

I am a phtographer, and I use a free website(pixieset) for my portfolio. it provides a storefront with fullfillment so i don't want to switch from it. It does not however provide basic options such as "contact"
    currently my web address redirects to my pixieset port.

I would like to build my website to be just a header, with my logo, contact info, etc.. have the header fixed at the top, and have pixieset load under the header. no borders or any other nonsense.. i've used iframe to put a website in a box before. not sure how that will work borderless? my training is decades old. is there a better way?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    A lot of those kinds of sites won't allow you to load the site in via iframe.

What I would consider is maybe have a site, and then link to the pixieset site in your navigation as "store" or "gallery". That looks like the best you're likely to do with their service.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    actually i got it setup with the following code in the body. infact i have NO body code, just a header, and the following

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='https://christopherbattistaphotography.pixieset.com/' style='border:0'></iframe></div>

problem now is that it maintains a set height and inserts a second scroll bar as if the iframe had a dictated height to fit the website into... any idea how to stop the second scrollbar and insert the full page height?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'd recommend not using this free site. WordPress is probably a better option for you. Pay a couple of quid for hosting and get WordPress installed and there's tons of themes out there for free doing what you're doing. Plus if you optimise the site properly you could get ranked easier.

Member #
    are you guys business advisors or coders?
    I have NO upfront cost in keeping the other site, NO cost for merchant account, and fullfillment is handled for me 100% i just collect my biweekly check.

what I do need, is to get the iFrame to fit the site, which is the kind of advice i thought this forum might be for...

does anyone know how this works? or am i going to get more advice on buying a bag of cheetos instead

Remove Ads