Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Post Responsive divs???

Awesome Calculator -- link to example

I am building a calculator. I can’t seem to make the panels of buttons act right responsively.

I have already tried several methods before making this post, so this is not a first time hang up and cry for help. I have rewritten most of the code in this entire module at least three times.

The behavior I want on screens above 768 is the nav buttons on the left, the field of buttons in the center, and the numpad on the right. On screens less than 768, I’d like the nav and the numpad to appear under the input and output windows with 100% width and the field of buttons underneath that with 100% width. With all the buttons and button container divs adjusting accordingly so the animations and other things look correctly in both vertical and horizontal views on tablets and phones.

I am using bootstrap 4 and it seems to work half way alright for the menu and the IO windows, but it seems to fall apart when dealing with the large array of buttons and panes of buttons. Or there is something integral that I have misunderstood with bootstrap.

I thought about writing a jQuery module to doc.print all this stuff on resize, but that seems an overkill method for what is probably a relatively simple layout issue once I can fill the gaps in my knowledge of CSS.

Thank you!
    Last edited by joelemason; Mar 25th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Remove Ads