Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Server/hosting HTML version

Seems like a simple questions but been searching for longtime and cannot find a simple answer. How to tell if hosting is configured to use HTML 5 or what is the highest version it can handle. Far as I understand it is backward compatible. Also I think if you look at source code of a website <HTML doc> means it can handle version 5 correct?

I am a newbie and just always figured servers will be able to handle all HTML tags at least up to version 2. I see a sever has to be configured to handle versions of HTML like PHP. Any simple explanation for this or an article TY...or just donít worry about it

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnymickey View Post
    Seems like a simple questions but been searching for longtime and cannot find a simple answer. How to tell if hosting is configured to use HTML 5 or what is the highest version it can handle. Far as I understand it is backward compatible. Also I think if you look at source code of a website <HTML doc> means it can handle version 5 correct?

I am a newbie and just always figured servers will be able to handle all HTML tags at least up to version 2. I see a sever has to be configured to handle versions of HTML like PHP. Any simple explanation for this or an article TY...or just donít worry about it
    HTML4 source code will look something like this:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    While HTML5 source code will look something like this:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en-US" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
    As for what server can run HTML5, I would think any of them. You do not need anything in particular to be installed. The only time you may need something particular to be installed is if you are using a programming language such as PHP. There are different versions of PHP and the server should always be able to run at least the latest that is available at that time.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnymickey View Post

Just don't worry about, HTML doesnt need a server to run, its just a markup language and runs on browser.

The only thing you should worry about its to use new tags, you can use a tag that works on Mozilla but Chrome dont support.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) usando Tapatalk

Remove Ads