Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Looking for a mentor

I have been self learning HTML and CSS for about a month now through w3schools. I think I am doing ok but there are a lot of things I have questions on, especially when I think I have it coded right and its not behaving like I want and I can't find what I did wrong. I developed a couple of mock websites, which don't look horrible but they are not professional at all.
    Last night my friend asked me to create a page for his business. It works out because I already practiced using his business as a reference, but I have a lot of questions and it just doesn't look how I want it. He knows it won't be perfect but he asked me to do it because I need the practice and it won't cost him an arm and a leg, because he is my guinea pig.
    I've looked locally and either people don't know how to do it or aren't willing to mentor anyone. So I am looking for a mentor, someone I can chat with 1 on 1 so I can grow my skills. I would like to make this a career, I'm tired of laboring (digging holes and finishing concrete) so having a mentor would be amazing.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Well, your going to learn and I myself am having to learn to build my website. I wish I had someone that was willing to build my website and use it as a learning experience, but also I would give them commissions that would build a constant affiliate income.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter508 View Post
    I'm tired of laboring (digging holes and finishing concrete) so having a mentor would be amazing.
    If you could look into the future. What is your position and skills in 5 or 10 years from now? What is your goals and dreams?

Remove Ads