Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Make an existing site responsive

I am hoping I am in the right place to ask this question.

I have a web site which I started back around 2002. I got wiped by Google in 2011 and after a year of struggling I gave up. Very little has been done or added to the web site since then, partly through lack of time and partly from lack of motivation.

The site is big and I would like to redo the whole thing so that it is responsive. The site was built using Dreamweaver 4. What I would like to know is whether I could get a Dreamweaver template (a simple one) which would allow me just to paste the content of each existing page into a new template.

Having done no web work for a long time my knowledge is now poor which is why I would like a template which enables me to recreate the site in this way. It would be good if I could retain the exiting menus and page links so that I could publish reformatted pages as they are done allowing the web site to continue to operate.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.
    Last edited by Dimeye; Jan 02nd, 2021 at 01:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    HI Dimeye when I started I also ran into this issue many years ago. While I took the time to redo all my CSS ( I don't even have bootstrap ) it was incredibly painful. ( also started on Dreamweaver )

For your situation given you are a little rusty with the coding id grab a page builder on cms, that will automatically be responsive with bootstrap, and just rebuilt the website like that.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I am with ragnar on this one. I would imagine that your website wasn't terrible complicated if it was built back in the day.

I'd recommend Wordpress with Elementor or Beaver Builder.
    Last edited by Cutler; Mar 03rd, 2021 at 10:31 PM.
    $1/year Portfolio Hosting with Promo Code: WEBDESIGNFORUMS

Agency: Marshalled Makers
    Hosting: Marshalled Makers Hosting

Remove Ads