Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Same index page but different users!

Member #
    Thanks for the comprehensive response mlseim. The PHP I use to upload the video is strictly for the broadcaster only and applies to the broadcast he just
    streamed. He starts the recording and when he is done he stops it. Then the uploading happens transparently. That's one reason I need to differentiate the broadcaster from a simple viewer. I was thinking that I need some sort of authentication process.

I should have included the following technologies I am using. I am using LXD containers to hold a node.js http server for my webpage and I use Apache2/PHP for the video uploading process.. Note that Node does not support PHP natively. That's the reason for Apache2/PHP. I am also using mysql on the node server for saving some information that previously used the browser local storage.

I am using another container for Haproxy to direct incoming URL to the proper container. (I have multiple containers used for other things)

There are a few tutorials on authentication for the node server itself that I am researching. There is also an authentication process for haproxy, but it is limited in nature.

I realize there is probably a much simpler way to do what I want but the node server was freeware and working. I am just modifying it for what I want it to do (ex: record and store).

Thanks,

Ray

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You can add membership functionality to your website by coding it yourself. I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere. This kind of problem is usually solved by using a framework that has options for this. But it is pretty cool that you are getting so hands on on the back end and container configuration!
    $1/year Portfolio Hosting with Promo Code: WEBDESIGNFORUMS

Agency: Marshalled Makers
    Hosting: Marshalled Makers Hosting

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler View Post
    You can add membership functionality to your website by coding it yourself. I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere. This kind of problem is usually solved by using a framework that has options for this. But it is pretty cool that you are getting so hands on on the back end and container configuration!
    Thanks Cutler,

Learned a lot over the last couple years. Lot's more to learn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads