Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How can I generate an automatically styled bookmarks.html file?

You know how when you export your browser bookmarks to an html file and it looks like this: https://imgpile.com/images/NeiEnG.png

Well, is there any way I could create a css style sheet (or any other preexisting external page with some kind of styling code) on my computer that would reference the generated bookmarks.html page and automatically style it without changing the code in the bookmarks.html page? So that when I opened the bookmarks.html page in my browser it had maybe a black background and white text links instead of a white background and blue text links? Or the links were positioned differently on the page? Just some basic alterations to the style.

Thanks for any help. Will check back here regularly for any replies.

Edit: I've been doing some research and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to call a .json file with links to an html page and display the links?
    Last edited by duck444; Sep 17th, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    Which browser does this? Iíve never heard of exporting bookmarks to html Ö or wonder why itís necessary.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Which browser does this? I’ve never heard of exporting bookmarks to html … or wonder why it’s necessary.
    Chrome. CTRL+SHIFT+O, or chrome://bookmarks/ . Go to the Organize menu (3 vertical dots) in the top right corner, select Export bookmarks. Firefox also does it.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Which browser does this? Iíve never heard of exporting bookmarks to html Ö or wonder why itís necessary.
    Pretty much all the main browsers do this.

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    oh, the bookmark "manager".

It's just one of those things I never use.

There must be a Chrome extension for bookmark manager that allows different 'themes' (in the chrome webstore)?
    Last edited by mlseim; Sep 23rd, 2021 at 07:39 AM.

Remove Ads