Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: aligning tables

Member #
    How can i get two left aligned tables that aren't "100%" wide to sit on top of each other instead of the second table being stuck on the right side of the first table? I need the tables to be aligned off the left side and not centered.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The old way:
    Code:
    <body>
        <table>
        </table><br>
        <table>
        </table><br>
    </body>
    Or the CSS way:
    Code:
    <body>
        <table style="display:block">
        </table>
        <table style="display:block">
        </table>
    </body>

Member #
    Thanks Transio!

The CSS version works prefectly. I had never heard of "display:block". Is that attribute related specifically to tables and if so what are other attributes you can assign to a table?

Eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    display:block means to display the element as a block element (each one on a new line), as opposed to an inline element (all on one line), which is the default display value for a table. other elements (such as paragraphs and headers) display in blocks by default.

Remove Ads