Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to make seperate css styles for two different areas of my site (nav and body). since the site has already been coded etc, it would not work for me to manually enter a class tag in every link where it applies.

cant i use the span tag to define an area, and every link inside that area would automatially use the style defined in a class in the css stylesheet??

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You sure can. Just give the span the class name of the sheet to use or just specify the CSS code directly in the span tag itself (i.e., <span style="border:1px solid black; text-decoration:none; ...">.

BTW please put in a real answer to how you found WDF
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    maybe you dont understand my question. i want it to affect all links in that area. i am not referring to css style as in text colors and what not, i am referring to the a.this:link, etc etc.

normally i would add the following to all links that i would want to use the this style...
    ... href="yadda_yadda.php" class="this" ...

but since the site is already fully coded it would take quite a while to change every link. so how could i define an area that would change all links within that area to use the "this" class ???

lol ok, ill fix the 'how i found it'.

Remove Ads