Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi!

Can someone please take a look at my website:
    My Web Page
    What I want is this:
    I want to be able to end the middle table (the one with the main text) right after the rtm1981 at the bottom of the entry; and with a bottom border of 1px solid #acacac;" . How do I get it to end there?

Why doesn't it Automatically end right after the text? I made it so that it would be independant of the main table

Must I make the middle TD into a TR/TD and make a new TR/TD below it with a #000000; background color?

Please, can somebody help?? I just can't seem to get it. That may be because I came off a 12 hour nightshift, or maybe I'm just stupid

Sincerely,
    Jan-Erik.

Member #
    I'd suggest adding a further table just after the <td class="blog"> tag in your code. This should then be ended just before the next </td> tag. Your new table will always end just after your content and the rest of the page will continue as it does now.

If the "blog" class is what gives the cell its border and background colour, remove class="blog" from the first <td> and add it to the <td> for your new table.

For example, replace
    PHP Code:
    <td class="blog">
        <
    div id="head">
    content

</div>
    </
    td
    with
    PHP Code:
    <td>

<
    table>
          <
    tr>
              <
    td class="blog">
                  <
    div id="head">
    content

</div>
              </
    td>
          </
    tr>
       </
    table>

</
    td

Member #
    wow

:classic: Wow! thanks! I'm glad someone had time to reply already... It's so simple but I always fail to see things the way you just imagined it. I'll give it a shot and then give a shout out if it worked or not

Sincerely,
    Jan-Erik

Member #
    it worked!!!!!!!!!! Thanks :classic: !!It looks a lot better, but now I'm goin' for a trip into the suggestion forum :ichatwink:

thank you very much...
    Jan-Erik

Member #
    Good news! Sometimes it does just take a view from elsewhere to get an idea you never thought of before. Happens with me at work all the time

Remove Ads