Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i am relatively new at this and i want to do a site with some tables embedded in it, of course. the thing is i want to do it the best way, so the 'if it works, it's good' thing doesn't quite serve my needs. now i am doing exactly that. i am currently learning about css's and from what i have read, everything tends to use this, so i will do it too.

for positioning tables i use something like this:

<span style="position: absolute; left: 15; top: 75">
    <table bgcolor="#FF6600" width="120" height="15" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    , because it is quite easy to change numbers in the position, left, top... i am asking if what i use is good and if it is obsolete or not, and if it's not good, can you give me something better (and with the same simplicity) than this?
    thanks

Member #
    I works, however I would be concerned with compatibility issues with some web browsers (some browsers are just picky that way when it comes to those things). I guess from my past experience in building sites, I just tend to position tables within tables using colspan, rowspan, and using spacers images (they are 1x1 pixels and are transparent). This works much better with me.
    :lick: I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Remove Ads