Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay, on my site www.brockglaze.com If you are using Internet Explorer and you go to the [View] menu, then click [Text Size] and set it to anything larger than Medium, everything on my site overlaps and looks jumbled... Is there anyway to fix this so that either 1: the text is always the same size no matter what a persons browser settings, or 2: the site adjusts to conform to a particular user's browser settings?

2: is preferrable method, but I would like to know how to do option 1: as well...

All help is appreciated! Thanks
    Brock Glaze
    Few ever changed his course by counsil, none by force...
    http://www.brockglaze.net/sigimage.jpg
    |Services|Web Design|Contact Me|

Member #
    As far as I can understand, it look slike you've given heights to cells, take these heights away and see if it makes much difference. you should use the following styles to create a fully scalable website:

font-size: xx-small,x-small,small, medium,large,x-large,xx-large, or 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 where 7 is largest.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    the problem is, I am using <div>'s not tables... <div>s have to have a height and width... This is a big problem I am running into, I dont know how to design with tables!! YIKES!
    Few ever changed his course by counsil, none by force...
    http://www.brockglaze.net/sigimage.jpg
    |Services|Web Design|Contact Me|

Member #
    Tables will automatically adjust. Your text is LOCKED in place and is not adjusting to its own resizing due to position:absolute.
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    but <div>s can be much more versitile. Try positioning things with percentages, see if that helps.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    I am not too familiar with using <div>'s. Why do you believe they are more versatile than using tables?
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you wish the text to be an absolute size, regardless of the browser settings, just set them up on your stylesheet with an absolute size...

eg.

body { font-size: 14px }

Should then not resize, though I have a feeling that in Mozilla it may do so as the method Mozilla uses to increase text size is different than IE.

Sean

Member #
    Originally posted by ericbusch
    I am not too familiar with using <div>'s. Why do you believe they are more versatile than using tables?
    Although <div>s can't be centered, like a table can, putting them into an external style sheet (god) can be very easy, and almost any property can be applied to it. It makes them an incredibly powerful tool, much like an iframe that does not load apart from the window. I like them a lot, myself.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Remove Ads