Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need some help with a site that I am doing. I am having total HTML thinking failure and I cannot figure out how to make and Image that I have Sliced in Image ready and exported and use it as a site template. I have places on the image that I made where I would like to input the HTML and web content, the problem is that i cannot remember how to set it up so that I am able to put multiple tables on the image and set it up so that I may put the text on top of the image that I have created. For some reason setting the background of the tables as teh sliced images is not working and then setting the size or percent and then putting the <tr> and <td> tags and enabling myself to be able to have other text and pictures set up on the template.
    I do not want to use iFrames for this site. I created a slice top middle and bottom section of the image which will be the site. I know that I will set the bottom slice of the image as its own table so that it may be moved down as a result of more content. I am not sure how to keep the gradient fill backing that I have if i do go longer.
    Here is the site: http://lucentcomputers.com//dhhs/dhhs.html

My questions to those willing to help are:
    How can I use the slices as the background and place text over them?
    How can I make my image so that it will use the sliver gradient fill as the page goes on where the content is?
    How can I put DHTML or Javascript menus into the tabbed buttons that I have created at the top of the image?

I know that is a lot of question and a huge brain failure, but I would appreciate the help. It is for my schools soccer team and i would really like to get it up and working.

-Ryan

Member #
    Here's one solution:

Use CSS, and set the gradient as the background so it doesn't repeat if the box becomes longer than the image. Set the background color of the box to be the same color as the bottom of the gradient, and the gradient will seamlessly end if the box becomes too long.

Member #
    hey thanks that answers one of them.

Thank you

Remove Ads