Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, so I'm working on this website: http://www.transio.com/motopuntos/

As you can see, I'm using multiple layers of divs to crop the scrolling text behind the graphics.

The problem I'm having is that since I'm using relative positioning, the block display of the divs is shifting subsequent divs downwards. It's not causing an alignment problem, because I'm resolving it by positioning the subsequent divs upward relative to where they should be. What it IS doing, though, is adding null content to 1600px or so downwards. This is screwing up my cell background images and adding a big ugly white space under my content.

What I want to do is center the divs vertically and horizontally. I don't think this can be done with absolute positioning, because as I understand it, that would position the divs absolutely to the coordinates given (from the top left corner of the page). I'm gonna keep playing around with this, but does anyone know of any way to do what I want? Is there a way to position divs absolutely within their parent div's coordinates?

Bleh, I'm frustrated. Any suggestions appreciated.

Any comments on the design (incomplete) also appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Nevermind... figured it out... thread closed.

Remove Ads