Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im building a website in were im going to put music as in .wav or mp3. and pictures so when somebody puts the mouse over a link the link will appear on the bottom of the site and they know were the information is coming from and when they click on the link in the bottom it is preloading the webpage and they know were the information is comming from. I was looking for a code that will not let you see were the information is comming from an a code to get rid of the preloading from the bottom. I will really apreciate if somebody help me. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can do this, but open source browsers will always be able to find a way around this, it's sneaky, and pisses a lot of people off. Also if you go to view>view source, you'll always be able to find out where it's coming from - after all the browsers has to know where it's coming from first.

I'd just overall reccomend not doing this.

If you're trying to prevent hotlinking you can do this with a simple .htaccess file (as long as your server supports it)
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    How do i put a .htaccess file in my webpage. Please help.

Member #
    Are you talking about the status bar at the bottom of the page displaying where the picture's link points to? You can use JavaScript to format the status bar, but browsers with JavaScript disabled will still be able to see.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Remove Ads