Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a situation where I would like to line up a block of text and the related image as a group; as if they were just an image.

What I was using before is a table with the image/text to be grouped together in each cell. The problem with this is that it isn't very flexible with different resolutions.

So I tried putting each image/text block into it's own table; that didn't work as it puts a break in-beween each table making a long skinny column of image/text blocks (each is about 185px wide).

What I really want to happen is the row of images should be as long as the resolution allows. Anything that would strech off of the screen should wrap.

Is there any way to do this short of making each thing block of text/image just a whole image?

Member #
    Do you mean that you want to put some text on top of an image, and line it up? If so, set it as a background to some sort of <div>. I might be misinterpreting the question, though...

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Copy and paste the text into the image itself? Then just make the image a bit taller and have the text actually inside the image. Maybe this isn't what you want but hey.

tekp
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    ho_10: That's and interesting idea. However I found that when I put a bunch of DIVs in the code even with no <br> tags between them they are still separted by line breaks. I want them to line up across the screen and wrap if necessary.

Blackdragonhide: That is what I was origintially considering however since the text is entered by users of the site in a form the text would have to be added to the thumbnail images intelligently once the user submits the form and file.

Remove Ads