Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    heres the link:

http://www.yankeeshrine.com/css_index.asp

No matter what I do, I cant get the images to completely touch. I tested in IE and firebird and both have gaps in different places. Feel free to d/l and modify my code and post it here, or just tell me whats wrong with it.

Thanks alot!
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious in saying that you should get rid of those trillions of hidden table cells?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    heheh, they hare not displayed purposely. I just started to design the page and I havent formatted anything yet, just laid out the table and the cells where my content will be. just ignore those cells for now.

UPDATE: I put the border shadows in and they too are having problems lining up. Not only are the lining up wrong, but they are lining up wrong differently in differnt browsers (IE, firebird)

UPDATE #2: Just checked my page in NS 6.2 and it has some SERIOUS issues. If you know a workaround to fix theses bugs (seems to be a cell spacing problem) please let me know.
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Try making it XHTML-validated (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Fcss_index.asp) and see if that happens to fix the errors.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Um...I've been having a similar problem, and your images appear to have disappeared. What I've found is that if you have two images that you want to touch, you should first make sure that they've got margin set to 0px, and then display the first as a block element. I'm not sure how the hell this works, but apparently, it does.

J&J
    Member #
    spacing between/under images in tables

I noticed that Netscape leaves a gap under/between images in table cells. One way to get rid of it is by using CSS like so:

tr.LAYOUT img { display: block; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

Then in the web page itself -- (perfect for websites/layouts made of sliced images in tables) -- the table cells that hold images which you want to have no spacing between each other, just do this:

<table cols="4" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr class="LAYOUT">
    <td valign="top">image1.gif</td>
    <td valign="top">image2.gif</td>
    <td valign="top" colspan="2">image3.gif</td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="LAYOUT">
    <td valign="top">image4.gif</td>
    <td valign="top">image5.gif</td>
    <td valign="top" colspan="2">image6.gif</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Hope this makes sense! Play around with it to see the different FX you can get...

J&J
    ~ J&J ~
    "Sometimes I feel like I'm rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic."

Workin' | Family | Community | S.W.O.R.D. (NWN) | Unknown World | City of Petra (Matrix)

Remove Ads