Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've recently written up a site using my first DIV layers. Yay! Go me. Anywho, I'm trying to add a banner exchange to the bottom of the site...but when I put in their code...pffff. It goes under the content. I left the incorrect code up, so when you go to the link at the bottom, you should be able to see the banner under the content.

The Content DIV and the Navigation DIV are each z-index 1 (they're seperated from each other by about 50px or so).

Any idea how I can break from these layers and clear out to move down underneath them? I can't absolutely-position them, because the page I want to put it on includes a Movable Type blog that will be changing length. So, any suggestions? The link to the page is down below my name. First person to laugh at the subject matter gets a poke in the eye. :devious:

Thanks a bunch,
    Katie

http://hpda.seekingsolace.net/

Member #
    Forgot to mention. The stylesheet has the positioning for the DIVs. That's at http://hpda.seekingsolace.net/hpstyle.css

Thanks again!

Member #
    Add a top level div to it and it'll go to the bottom.

Member #
    What do you mean, a top-level DIV?

Member #
    Try putting the banner exchange code in a container div. On that div declare the following: [minicode]clear: both;[/minicode] ... That may do it, but I don't exactly see why you are building this site using layers, its not at all necessary. Is there something you have yet to add to it?

Borior

Member #
    No, I just wanted to stick to the background without using tables. I'll try that code.

*EDIT* I put <div style="clear: both;"> and </div> around the block of code, and it didn't work.

Member #
    Still No Answer...

With all you guys being so knowledgeable about <div> tags, you can't figure out a weak to break free of them? Anyone? Anyone?

Remove Ads