Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Gooday! First of all, I am new to the board and this is my first post.
    Good to be here, so far tons of info!!

I have one specific problem, though... I am fairly proficient in some Javascript and most HTML, and VERY good with VB... I have a site, www.fishthoughts.com , and i want to do an online order form, but dont want it to specifically "order" anything... All I want is to (check out the site to understand) have each fish listed, so the user can select the fish, the quantity, and estimated shipping cost to different zones... on the form. next, I want the form to have a "Calculate Total' button, which will give teh customer an 'estimated' total, and THEN email me the form with their contact info (email /name only, nothing substantial because i dont think it would be secure the way i want to do it) and then I woudl get bacxk with them for payment information...

In other words, I dont want to make transactions over the site, just have the site calculate an ideal total and email me the form information is all... then I will get back to the customer about the whole deal.
    My problem is I dont konw what to do this in... I can make that program in VB in about 10 mins (probably close ) buuuut... that doent help me much on the site...

Any suggestions, comments, input... etc, would be appreciated!

THANKS!

Member #
    PHP or ASP can do this quite easily. Find out which language your host supports, and we can point you in the direction of some tutorials.

Member #
    Thanks!! I have used some PHP before, and my server supports both, however I am comfortable with PHP

Remove Ads