Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, I didn't know where to post this so I though this would be the best bet.

I have a layout using frames for my site. What it is, is a frame at the top with all the links to my different pages which show up in the lower frame. Pretty simple I think. Anyways, one of my links is to my band's (that what my site is for) Message Board and I don't want to have to look at the frame at the top of the message board all the time. I found a code where I could make the link to the message board open with out either frame but idealy what I would like is to open the message board with the frame above it, but have the option to remove with the click of a link. I've seen this used on search engines such as Ask Jeeves where after you've made your search there is a frame at the top with a button to "remove frame".

Does anyone have a code or some tips on how I could do this, I apoligize for my newbieness but I'm still a beginer when it comes to web design.

Thanks

Member #
    label the different frames, and then target the largest frame on the page. I think that would work. you could try viewing the source of the pages that do what your talking about and see what they did.
    Jason

Member #
    Target the main frame for the regular link, and in the menu frame just have a link that goes to the forum without a target that says "Remove this frame" or whatever you want.

Member #
    If I did that, the link that isn't targeted will just end up opening the forum in the upper frame so I'll still have the two frames but they'll both have opened the forum and there would be two not one.

Remove Ads