Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Any ideas

Member #
    Hello all, am a bit of a newbie looking for some easy solution to a problem I have.

I am currently developing my depts website. A demo is available at the following:

http://interact-online.co.uk/en

What I am stuck on, is the search feature.

I am looking for a simple solution that can be fitted into the current framework of the site, this will hopefully allow me to have a limited search service.

Any ideas most welcome

Many Thanks

Chris

Member #
    You can obtain free search tools on the net, however you can do that sort of thing using PHP scripting.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Many thanks, have added a simple indexing perl script for now.

This will allow me sometime to develop a php based structure for the site.

Any suggestions about site speed, I am on ADSL so nearly everything seems fast even my site lol.

If anyone has any comments I open to suggestions.

Many Thanks

Member #
    The site looks pretty good. One area that looks a little odd is the gray space where the guy is sitting with a laptop. That is valueable space near the top of the page, and it's wasted. You could move that guy to one side and put some headlines or nav links or something else there, but that empty space looks odd right now to me and could be used a lot better. Nice work though.

Remove Ads