Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I am building a site using a lot of CSS and as few tables as possible. I am rather new at web design, but Im a fast learner. All the problems I have encountered so far I have solved through trial and error and the help of a few friends that are experienced in the field. But I have ran into a few problems that I cant seem to remedy, nor can my friends help with.

First off, the site design is temporarily located at http://www.geocities.com/arjunsan - The first problem involves the css content divs. If you view the CSS file at http://www.geocities.com/arjunsan/style.css you can see that the content boxes stack nicely, but no matter what I do I cannot seem to get those first two skinnier boxes to align next to each other. At the site you can see what I mean. I have tried many things and I just cant get them to align as I want them.

The next question is probably common knowledge among more experienced designers. I want the left hand menubar to run all the way down the length of page. That menubar is a CSS div with tables inside, and the only thing I can think of is to make the height:100%; for the div, or have a table in there at height="100%", but neither work.

The last problem I have ties in with the second issue; I want to create a footer table to put an image in that the menu bar connects to. I was thinking that there is some way to do this first and then connect the menubar to it and it would automatically stay with the footer in every page, automatically adjusting the height of the menubar (this is what I was told would happen). My problem here is A) I dont know how to create a table and tag it as a footer, keeping it vertically align at the very base of the page, and B) I dont know how well the connection of the menubar and footer will work, since the menubar is a CSS div and the footer will be a table (I have tried making a CSS div as the footer but had no luck there).

Any help will be appreciated
    Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
    John Wayne

Member #
    Here is the code for those two boxes:

.blog2 .post2 {
    border: 1px solid black;
    background-color: white;
    padding: 5px 5px;
    margin-bottom: 15px;

}
    .post2 {
    border: 1px solid black;
    width:200px;
    background-color: white;
    padding-bottom: 1px;
    margin-bottom: 1px;
    }

Maybe if each of those two boxes were seperate divs? Ive already tried giving them a selec position from the top or right or left but it has no effect. Again, I cant seem to get past this snag, any help would be great.
    Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
    John Wayne

Remove Ads