Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Please delete.

What do u think? I'm leaning towards a div that has the overflow property set to scroll. I figure with this, its easy to maintain my content, cuz everything still is on one page, and all my content just goes inside that scrolling div. Plus, I am not breaking one of the cardinal rules of web dev, "NEVER use inline frames." (Although I see more and more sites with them on these boards, and no one seems to object to their usage.)

My only doubt is that it might not render the same or at all on some browsers.

EDIT: Sorry about this post, I just found the post about divs and iframes on the tuts board. Please delete.

Thanks
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    well if a browser doesnt support css overflow then the content would still show, so its going to more compatible.

if a browser doesnt support an iframe, then the user wont be able to see the content.

also the css option would allow users using text only browsers to see the content.

Member #
    good point, although if the overflow property is not supported by a certain browser, than my site will look like crap, but the overflow property is a CSS1 compliant property anyway, so most browsers do support it.
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    DIV. You can not see iframes in a lot of browsers.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Member #
    Thanx. Thats what I decided to go with, after researching a little.
    www.stevenspoker.com

Remove Ads