Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My/Our new site (in norwegian) stertheim.com are getting mails, were people are asking why the site are looking so strange. Well, it is because of their resolution, its even too high or too low.

In that case I wonder if it is possible to make the site "looking good" in all of the resolutions... Im using dreamweaver.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    use % instead of fixed width
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Also the content of your site seems to be fixed in place. It doesnt move when i shrink the window (it being fixed in place might be why people say its weird in different resolutions. low resolutions might not even be able to see all of your content.)
    Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
    John Wayne

Member #
    theres a lot of bloat in your html code, you should run the html through HTML Tidy
    http://infohound.net/tidy/

Member #
    You've set your DIV's to start 210 pixels away from the left hand side of the screen. On an 800x600 resolution, having your site start 210 pixels away + having your site 610 pixels wide = horizontal scrolling. That's 820 pixels. Plus, it's not centered on most resolutions, because you're not taking the resolution into consideration. You're placing your site 210 pixels away from the left side of the screen, regardless of how much space there is to the left of your site.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    All the advice given so far is good.. here is another resource you might look into:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/elastic/

Remove Ads